Biz from www.MyBizzyKitchen brought over her recipe for a Butternut Squash Chipotle Soup that is loaded with veggies and flavor. This recipe is lovingly called a “Dump Soup,” which I need to talk to Biz about renaming, because you put everything into a pot, cook, then puree. The only kitchen tool that you’ll need is an immersion blender (Also called a stick blender).
Don’t have an immersion blender? Go buy one right now. You’ll thank us. You can purchase one at any store that sells kitchen gear, and they run for about $20-25. During soup season my immersion blender gets used several times a week for creamy soups or ones like this squash soup. They are also useful for gravies, jams, apple sauce, etc. I even use mine when I’m pureeing a small jar of peanut sauce for a stir-fry, because it’s faster/easier to wash the immersion blender than my full blender. I’ve had my immersion blender for about 10 years and it’s just now starting to sound kinda sad. Few kitchen tools that get used this often can boast such a long life span.
When you make this recipe, cuz let’s be honest you will, make sure to tag me and Biz so that we can shout you out! Bizzy and I love to cook and love to spread the love of cooking around.
Butternut Chipotle Soup
- Immersion blender or blender
- 4 carrots (Can peel)
- 1 sweet potato (Peeled)
- 1/2 butternut squash (Peeled and pulp removed)
- 14 oz lite coconut milk
- 32 oz vegetable broth (Low sodium is best)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (Vietnamese )
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (We used Dak’s )
- Peel and chop vegetables. These will be boiled and pureed so a rough chop is all that’s needed.
- Put all ingredients into a pot, bring to a simmer, cover, and turn heat down to low. Cook for 20-25 minutes, remove from heat, and puree using an immersion blender or upright blender.
Make sure to check out the Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits!